Im Really Worried!!

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I havent seen my Leopard Wrasse since I put him in the tank and he took off behind the rocks. Its been 3 days now and usually I see the new fish by now. Well I wanted to reaquascape to create a little more swimming room in the tank, so I started taking rocks out of the tank and started reaquascaping. I moved every rock in my tank (most of them out of the tank) and I cant find this fish! I spent 2 hours in this tank!! He is huge so I dont know how I could have missed him!! Should I still worry or....I dont think that I have a rock hole big enough for him to wedge into. And he cant jump out. What do you guys think!?!? He was $50 and he just dissappeared!!!

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
I say give him a little more time. I know it seems like where in the world are they but I swear I have had fish hide and I thought they were dead and I have searched and searched and just ended up giving up on them and then a few days later they show back up again. They hide absolutley wonderfully!!!! On anothjer note though, could something else have eaten him?

Shaunna

Large Fish
Oct 6, 2005
Ohio
Perhaps he is inside of something. Did you look into the crevices when you were removing the rocks? Can they "flatten" and get into grooves or anything? Very pretty, btw, I hope you find him.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I hope so he is so pretty!! He looked really healthy when I bought him. He had a good size belly on him. How long can he go without eating?? It got to be pretty crampt in the rock that he is in!! And most of the large rock that I took out the tank were put into water so he could have stayed in the rock if he was there. Its just VERY frustrating, you know!?!?!

Last edited: