in addition which fish can i add to 10 g tank

fishylove

Small Fish
Aug 21, 2006
I have 3 platies (1 male, 2 female) and 4 neon tetras in my 10 g tank...all my water readings are good (zero)..i want to add either Betta (separate post) or some other fish.

which other fish will be good in the above tank without overcrowding

fishylove

Aug 4, 2006
Alabama
I think your tank is fully stocked, like I mentioned in the other post. The only fish I would add is the betta and even then I'd watch carefully to make sure there are no problems.

Be sure to do weekly water changes so you don't have any ammonia or nitrite build up....that can happen quickly in small tanks like 10g....its happened to me before. ;)

Dipschnit

Small Fish
Sep 12, 2006
Richmond,Va
JustOneMore20 said:
I think your tank is fully stocked, like I mentioned in the other post. The only fish I would add is the betta and even then I'd watch carefully to make sure there are no problems.

Be sure to do weekly water changes so you don't have any ammonia or nitrite build up....that can happen quickly in small tanks like 10g....its happened to me before. ;)

I Agree, you are fully stocked. I would be careful about adding the Beta, we all know how they can be. I would suggest instead of adding another fish, just set up another 10 gal. and go with a different variety of fish in that one . Just keep in mind as everyone says, the bigger the tank, the easier it is to maintain.

Hope this helps,
Charlie

Last edited: