In the hole!

captbill

Small Fish
Sep 22, 2008
My condy has not found his happy spot yet, 2 times now it moved into a spot where it appeared to be stuck to the point where I felt I had to move it. Last nite all looked good appeared to have found its spot and this morning it look's like it pulled itself into a crater in the lr. Should I worry? I really can't think a way to get it out w/out harming it. I tried to post pic but woulden't let me?

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
The anemone will not move itself to somewhere from which it cannot extract itself. You are best off letting it find its own "happy place"; the unfortunate reality is that said "happy place" may not be ideal for your viewing pleasure, but it will be the place best suited for the anemone.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Just remember that a condy anemone is an atlantic species and is not a host for any clownfish (though they will host in them and has been known to eat them and other unsuspecting fish.) That being said your system is still relatively new and most anemones should only be placed in a well established stable tank as they tend to be difficult to maintain for long periods.