info on this betta please

Billy Bob

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Yorkshire England
Hey everyone

Today on my travels i have seen an awesome betta-it was called an "BETTA PRIMA PHU QUOC ISLAND". I have never heard of these has anyone any info on their background?

MrMup04

Superstar Fish
Aug 13, 2003
this betta name is prolly to get people attention that people who have not heard of.. have a picture? i don't think they betta exist its just a random name people name it

ashleigh

Superstar Fish
Jan 8, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
No, there is a betta prima, it's one of the mouth brooders. I know a lot of the wild species are making their way west to hobbyists and you can find unusual species at trade shows and such but I don't know anything about keeping them. megastomus is another one. where did you see it for sale?

Billy Bob

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Yorkshire England
B. prima is a rather plain-looking mouthbrooding Betta.
They can reach the size of about 5 cm.
The known distribution area to date is in the central plain of Thailand eastward, to somewhere in Cambodia. They are found foraging among the dense vegetation along the banks of the stream where the pH is neutral with gravel bed.

They are easily bred and will shown their best colour - iridescent blue-green shine - in a dark tank with dense vegetation.

Like all other Pla Kat, B. prima will enjoy live food such as Mosquito larvae, Daphnia, Bloodworm, Tubifex worm and Brine Shrimp. If you use Brine Shrimp, make sure to rinse them well in freshwater as the salt is very bad for the kidneys of freshwater fish.

best i could find from http://www.fbas.co.uk/Newbettas.html