Intelligent Fish Recognition System

Sep 28, 2010
Intelligent Fish Recognition System

Hello everybody!

I have selected above mentioned title as the final year academic project of Software Engineering degree program I'm following.

The purpose of this project is to develop an automated system to identify fish species by processing a given image.

I would greatly appreciate if you could kindly spend some of your priceless minutes in answering a questionnaire, which comprises a collection of questions to gather requirements for the project.

Link - https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dGJBRzROZFAwT3IwSElfdlBXdThLSHc6MQ#gid=0

Thank You!

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
I finished this as well. I wish I had more knowledge in software creation. I would love to use visual C sharp to code an aquascaping design software with hundreds of freshwater plant species and rock/driftwood types.
That would be so awesome, littletank! Especially for people like me who have ideas in their heads, but are horrible artists (my stick people commit suicide).*thumbsups

Aug 16, 2009
SW Pennsylvania
That would be so awesome, littletank! Especially for people like me who have ideas in their heads, but are horrible artists (my stick people commit suicide).*thumbsups
Thanks. While I am an artist and have dabbled in video game creation, this would be a very difficult project. I am, however, receiving a software update (hopefully today) to my 3-D software platform that will enable Java, so we'll have to see. I can understand your frustration. Even if you can draw, not everyone knows a lot about plants and specific plant requirements, as well as how they would best be arranged.

Sep 28, 2010
Thank you all for the responses.

I finished this as well. I wish I had more knowledge in software creation. I would love to use visual C sharp to code an aquascaping design software with hundreds of freshwater plant species and rock/driftwood types.
Thanks for the response. That really is a nice idea and Silverlight or Flash will save lot of time you spend with visual components and graphics. JavaFX is another choice. However, my idea is that, support of official NetBeans IDE is still not good enough, under Windows.

....software update (hopefully today) to my 3-D software platform that will enable Java,....
Seems like you'll be interested in JOGAMP project. Have heard about number of projects that support Java3D conversion of 3D models such as "3DS Java3D Loader". But is there a 3D software platform that implicitly support Java3D? I really would like to know about that.

Done! :) Something like that could be extremely helpful provided it was accurate. That might be difficult with a lot of the African cichlid species.
Thank you for the response and I'm planing to use a method where additional images and data can be added by user to expand the recognition ability. However for the moment I have limited recognition ability to set of species to ensure that system can correctly identify a given species. This limitation will be disregarded as soon as completion of a successful recognition algorithm. I will keep the thread up to date.