interesting fish

pp01862

Small Fish
May 3, 2006
USA
I recently discovered a fish I never saw before, it's called the Purple Passion Danio. All the pet stores around where I live, and it's a big city, tell me they cannot get those ... except for one who says they can. It is similar to a Giant Danio in shape and size, but not as hyper. And it has beautiful coloring. Was just wondering if anyone here ever had any (or maybe currently some) and what they thought of them.

I have a 75 gallon tank, currently with: 2 common plecos (about 12 inches each), 2 ruby barbs, 4 buenos aires tetra, 4 blind cave fish, 2 giant danios, 3 black skirt tetras, 2 golden wonder killifish, and 2 unidentified killifish (similar to golden wonder, but more silvery and are spotted).

pp01862

Small Fish
May 3, 2006
USA
According to thatpetplace, they are Cyprinus regina. I have researched around the internet and noticed some people calling them Danio roseus, as mentioned above. I guess most importantly, don't want to end up with a Pearl Danio (similar coloring, but much smaller). The pet store should have the Purple Passion Danios they ordered for me in this Thursday. Fingers crossed. If they got the right ones, I think they should be pretty awesome fish.