Introduction to The Great

Aug 6, 2004
ATL
jaetienne.biz
naw i hate background i have some plants in there now gotta get new pics....do you ahve pics of your tank i want to see hte 55 gallon (fishdude) i am posting more pics tomorrow Saturday August the 7th.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2004
Northwest Indiana
Visit site
Welcome to the tank, Hannibal. I'm pretty new here, too! I noticed your tank is right next to your bed. Do the sounds bother you? I want to put a 10 G in my bedroom. The filter might not be so bad, maybe even relaxing, but I think the hum of the air pump would drive me nuts.

Anyway, imo your tank is ok without a background but is in serious need of some plants!

Aug 6, 2004
ATL
jaetienne.biz
not really darwin noise really doesn't bother me actually helps, i hate a quiet, i even sleep with the light on at night during the day its off...ahhh yea....i have plants also just got them after i took that pic ....

TaffyFish

Superstar Fish
Jan 30, 2003
Visit site
I guess it depends on what you do in your bedroom but some activities can present potential problems if a tank is that close! ;-)

As mentioned above already, you've made some mistakes with your stocking which you shouldn't dismiss lightly.

Last edited:

Purple

Superstar Fish
Oct 31, 2003
Hampshire UK
Visit site
Welcome to the tank......

I have 3 tanks with internal backgrounds - and 3 with no background - I like 'em all :)

Fair points as mentioned above - (but it'll do for a start) - post up the planted version when you can

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
hi. welcome to the tank.:) you have two 150 gallon tanks under construction?! wow, how is THAT on the budget? ill agree with ecotank and camaro too, the balas and angels are gonna need alot more room.(but hopefully thats what the 150 gallon is for.:D)

PS: sweet PC.

whatsmango

Small Fish
Aug 23, 2004
Hull, UK
Visit site
i think backgrounds are totally down to where the tank is situated. me mate has no background on his, but is been put between two desks in his spare room so you can see it either side you sit on. all the plants and rocks are well positioned too, so you dont feel like there is a certain side to sit.
On my tank, i do have a background. its only a deepish blue, so nothing special, but it helps the fish stand out more. that, and the wall behind it is manky! lol
it's also placed in the bedroom too. opposite side to the bed so it cant be heard when the heater comes on. really nice atmosphere too when the main light in the room isnt on, and its only the tank light on.
i think ures looks pretty cool just where it is. just hope you dont knock it over if the bed is in use? lol

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Holy smokes!
Well, welcome back. *twirlysmi

EDIT: Woops...I forgot to ask you what your plans were for that new tank!
Hopefully we'll get an update about it before yet another 3 years go by, lol. :rolleyes:

BV ;)

Last edited: