invert question

rotkeil

Small Fish
Jul 12, 2010
ireland
hi new to the forum,been keeping freshies a while now and have some inverts (red cherry shrimp) i had a weekend away and came back to find my shrimp tank really murky and cloudy, water parrameters are ph 6.4,ammonia 0ppm,nitrite 0ppm and nitrate 0-5ppm,i wreckon there was power loss over night or something to that effect,and filter clogged,has anyone on this forum ever used API ACCU-CLEAR on a shrimp tank?? was told its not copper based by my LFS and can be used but rather throw the question out there to see someone hopefully experienced to help,thanks in advance
Cheers

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
I have never used that product, but rather than introduce more chemicals, I'd do partial water changes every day until the water clears. As long as you have gravel, plants, etc that the good bacteria is in, you shouldn't have to worry about triggering a new cycle. Also, don't get rid of your filter media - just rinse it off in old tank water so you keep the good bacteria living on it. Is the filter working now?

rotkeil

Small Fish
Jul 12, 2010
ireland
yup changed water just 10% shrimps hate too much disturbance,ah filter is running fine now fine,i took out the bogwood to find a white moss has grew on it on the underside, ill soak it in boiling water and scrub it down today when i get time,i hate adding chemicals to the tank especially with shrimp, thanks for replies Rotkeil