Invert safe ick medicine?

Jan 9, 2009
Owensboro, KY
Does anyone know of a invert safe ick med? I have QT'D all fish and haven't added any fish for almost 2 mos into my 125, BUT I bought caulepra for my fuge at a fish store out of town a couple of weeks ago and Im thinking maybe it brought the disease in my tank now my hippo, flame, and butterfly are all covered does anyone know if super ick cure will hurt my LR, or my inverts or if there is anything I can use without trying to catch these guys? Thanks in advance

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I agree that the only real cure is to take all the fish out and qt them and treat them with hyposalinity...ovre a period of 6 weeks. During this time the main display must remain fallow without any fish, (inverts are okay) this fallow time will allow the ick to cycle and die off in the main tank as there will be no hosts to attach to. Once completed you then can reintroduce your fish who by now will be healthy and raring to get back into their main tank. Good luck.....

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
I agree that the only real cure is to take all the fish out and qt them and treat them with hyposalinity...ovre a period of 6 weeks. During this time the main display must remain fallow without any fish, (inverts are okay) this fallow time will allow the ick to cycle and die off in the main tank as there will be no hosts to attach to. Once completed you then can reintroduce your fish who by now will be healthy and raring to get back into their main tank. Good luck.....
You could also do copper in the qt. Either one of these options is your best bet.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Some fish can't tolerate the copper and as such I stand by the hyposalinity method....either way the main display needs to stay empty and fallow for 6 weeks. Which will give plenty of time for the hypo to work effectively as well as copper though I still lean towards the hypo......