Inverts and Algae Removers

I have algae on the back wall of my tank and it is a pain in the neck and I want to use a chemical aglae remover but everything I have found says to remove invertibrates out of the tank during use. Is there any algae remover that I can use that is safe for my shrimp? They are ghost shrimp by the way.

lil_shez

Medium Fish
Jul 3, 2005
Australia
i aggree with derajer algae is not a huge threat in the aquarium.
Clean it off the front and sides of your tank otherwise leave it i say.
Just buy a couple of algae eaters and see how they go. i dare say they will think christmas has come all at once wen they see your back wall.

Last edited:

derajer

Large Fish
Mar 16, 2005
Ankeny, Iowa
Pardon my asking, but why is it so important to remove algae from the back of the tank? Algae is beneficial in many ways. While I personally can't stand to have algae on the front and side of my tank, having it on the back generally does interfere with viewing and it gives your fish something to nibble on as well as generate some oxygen and host good bacteria.

If you have resolved to get rid of it, and you have a glass tank, then I sould recommend a regular razor blade on a stick of some type, these are commonly available from pet store and similar products from hardware stores. Otherwise some Otos would probably do the trick if you wanted creatures to do it. Chemicals are almost always a bad idea.