Iridescent sharks

Nov 17, 2006
Hazleton,Pa
Hello i need anyones help is it bad to have a Iridescent shark in your tank. He said it gets to big and bad for a tank. I said biggerd better and to go for it. I need anyones help. Thank you for the help.*thumbsups

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
These fish reach well over 3' at maturity. They don't belong in tanks, period. :( Take a look in the predatory fish section for pics of full grown ids.

BTW, the bigger they get, the more plain (READ: ugly) they get. ;)

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2006
St Louis
Plus, they like to school cuz they're really skittish, so you'd have to get at least 3 for them to be fully happy.

I wouldn't want to have 3 of those giants in my tank! If you want a big fish that doesn't get THAT big, get some bala sharks. They only get up to 12" (but once again, they like to school).

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
juggernaut303 said:
Hello i need anyones help is it bad to have a Iridescent shark in your tank. He said it gets to big and bad for a tank. I said biggerd better and to go for it. I need anyones help. Thank you for the help.*thumbsups
Bigger is not always better.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Those guys get really gross looking as they get older, they don't stay so shiny and cute for long. One of the forums on here has a sticky with pics of fish you shouldn't keep in a fish tank, and they show a picture of a full grown one.

On a side note...My local petsmart was selling these things for $1.75 today!!! Yikes! How many people are going to go home with these monsters to put in their 10gals!