Is Food Lion Clear Ammonia safe for fishless cycle?

Apr 5, 2006
Edgewater, Maryland
Hello-
I was wondering if FOOD LION brand "Clear Ammonia" is safe to start a fishless cycle. There are no "ingredients" listed. There is nothing saying there is no surfactants. The only thing written on the bottle is "Contains no phosphorus".

If this is safe, I will proceed with starting a fishless cycle. I just got the tank Saturday, it is a Oceanic Show 70. Looks great! Cannot wait to put fish in there after a month and a half or so.

Thanks for the help!
Brice

Apr 5, 2006
Edgewater, Maryland
Yes, when I shake the bottle, it does foam up, and the bubbles last for a while - they do NOT immediately disappear. Does this mean that there is something else in there that I do not want? I don't want to have to refill the tank since it is a 70g, so I would rather wait the extra days and get it right the first time.

Thanks!

Apr 5, 2006
Edgewater, Maryland
This is driving me crazy. After that last post, I went to Safeway, Giant Food, Walgreen's, and CVS, and all they had was clear ammonia with surfactants and some other stuff listed. The Food Lion Brand is the only one that doesn't list any ingredients. This leads me to believe that it is safe, but then again - it foams up like crazy when shaken. Does regular fishless-cycle-safe ammonia foam up like this???

Help?!?!?!?!