is it better to put more than 1 air stone ?

mixspel

Small Fish
Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
i have an external air pump connected to an air stone in the aquarium that make bubles, oxygen, if i got another one, will it be better for the fish ? or it is bad ? some1 told me they will be de-oxygenated or something like too much oxygen in the water will hurt them

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
An air pump will add oxygen to the water, but not enough to fully saturate it. Your filter should be adequate for filtering the tank so bubbles are really aesthetic.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
based on his other post i would say the tank is maybe a 29...as far as the bubbles, they really dont do anything but look pretty (or so some people think.....not me)

giving us a good rundown of all your equipment will really help us understand whats going on

mixspel

Small Fish
Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
the aqaurium is about 30 litre,i have a rock, i have a filter that came with it, an internal one that is installed in the right pocket of the aquarium , the 2nd one i baught it has a black sponger and it take water and throw it out again .

Last edited:

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Bubbles are pretty sticky and don't break down in saltwater so air bubblers are largely irrelevant for any practical purpose except inside skimmers.

I think bubbles in either fresh or salt spoil the whole affect (personal choice) once a day (irregular) i will flow air through my power heads, i did read and believe this to be true that the bubbles keep the water clear, plus the damsels love it. actually i smash all my tanks with power filter bubbles.

i run under gravel filters in some tanks too, so i need stones (fine), 2 have power head on them and i am trialing this one- i run a bleeder hose from a under gravel spout through my drip tray, seems to be ok, is it?