Is it worth it?

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
OK, if you were offered this setup, what would you be willing to pay for it? Is it even a proper setup? Seems a tad off to me, but I am not UTD on SW equip. Would I need extra equipment? I know I need to do alot of research, but that's no problem for me, besides, I have you guys! *SUPERSMIL

Anyway, I want to have a big SW tank eventually, but I saw this and thought it might be a good start.

10Gal tank
heater
floursent hood
aquaclear 100
undergravel filter
air pump
air pump stand
back ground
gravel
airstones

one damsel fish
three blue legg crabs

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
In my opinion, No. Most of that stuff is pointless (gravel, airstones/pump, UGF filter) and what you really need isnt included (sand type substrate, live rock). The aquaclear could be used without media for water movement though.

I would go as big as you can and want, if you want a tank that size then no problem but youll find it does limit your choices. Unless this is a super low price I wouldnt bother.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
K thanks, I knew it sounded kinda fishy (no pun intended LOL) but I was just wondering since I am new to anything SW, maybe I was overthinking things. They want $40 for it. I wish we could go bigger, but not with SW, just too poor LOL. I won't bother with it then, just thought if I got credit from my LFS for the current stock, hubby could finally have a place for his dwarf sea horses he has been dying for.

Thanks again. :)

Last edited: