Is My Xenia Dying????

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
My Xenia has looked like this for 3 days now?? Not much has changed. Whats going on??? My water parameters are fine and nothing in my tank has bothered it. I have recently moved things around though. Has this had an effect on it?? Nothing else seems fazed?? Im kind of worried.

Attachments

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
It is out of your hands...they are pretty hardy....mostimes they make a comeback....I found it damn near impossible to kill them...and I tried on a daily basis....I noticed they improved when I added Iodine on a daily basis...not sure if it had any direct correlation or was just a coincedence.

sparker

Medium Fish
Aug 22, 2005
ohio
my xenia does that sometimes, mostly when the lights go off. the "hands usually open back up after a little while. was this pic right after you moved some things around?

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
It looks a bit unhappy. Xenia can be a bit fragile till it's established, were these tank frags (good) or wild caught (sensitive)?
Are you using an Al based phosphate remover as that can make them very, very dead quite quickly (ditto softies, star polyps if you dose the stuff heavy)

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
This is a constant state not just when the lights are out.
It was one frag that grew.
The water cirruculation is ~800GPH.
It was doing great until I rearranged. It never came out of the tank and never really got bothered. I moved the rock twice but.... The condition has only worsened. I have a very small peice left on another rock that had previously moved and it seems to be doing alright. Im clueless.