is one okay?

fish_chic

Large Fish
Oct 30, 2006
florida
i am getting rid of the blood parrots i have so i can get new fish (they fish came with my tank) and i wasn't sure about keeping 1 or just getting rid of all 3. i was wondering if the 1 will be fine by its self or do they need to be in a group. i tried doing research to see but any article that i find is just about them being hybrids. any suggestions

usacutie81

Large Fish
Sep 6, 2006
St Louis
When I got my new (used) 30 gal. it came with a blood parrot, a convict, and a cobalt. The blood parrot is fine by itself, I think. I don't know much about them cuz I've never had them before, and I don't know what they are like in groups. But this one seems fine. He wanders around the tank exploring and digging around. Him and the convict have become buddies (the size and color difference is amusing when they swim around together) and they both try to gang up on the cobalt. But they hang out together (literally) and are always found in the same corner.

I guess what I'm saying is that maybe they are schooling fish, but it seems like they can make good good buddies with other fish, so if you add a few different kinds of cichlids (don't think the angels would count in this situation) then your blood parrot would probably make friends with some of them.

Good luck!

fish_chic

Large Fish
Oct 30, 2006
florida
thanks everyone. i just feel bad if i keep one. plus i am not to found of the fact that they are hybrids it is really sad to watch them eat bc of there mouth is deformed. i do have a pet shop who will trade them if i want to bring them in today so i guess i will do that. i am thinking of getting a few dalmation molllies from the trade.

fish_chic

Large Fish
Oct 30, 2006
florida
One of the angels in gray with black stripes and red eyes, one is black, silver, and as orange on its forhead kind of marbled like, and the other two are silver and black marbled like too.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Angels tend to be a bit nippy and territorial, especially as they get larger. Mollies are gentle slow moving fish, so I would hesitate to put them in with the angels, but that's just me, I wouldn't want my angels nipping at the mollies.

fish_chic

Large Fish
Oct 30, 2006
florida
Actually a all ready did, I put 3 mollies (yellow, black, and dalmation) and 4 platies (2 micky mouse, and 2 others) the angels checked them out and they seem to just be keeping to them selves so I will keep an eye on them, but I think they will be okay. I have alot of plants and 2 floating plants so they can hide if they start bothering them.