Is This Aiptasia Anemone

loglew

New Fish
May 6, 2009
Idaho
Just got my 150 gallon tank up and running. Got some live rock to help it cycle and this little buggers are coming up all over. Is this the dreaded aiptasia anemone or something else. Thanks for all the help.

Attachments

Last edited:

loglew

New Fish
May 6, 2009
Idaho
Ok, scrape was a typo. I meant scrap, since this is a newly set up tank, I'm only out the cost of the rock. Or should I try all the other various methods first?? Thanks again for all the help.

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
Well...lemon juice is harder to use, you really need good aim. Shrimps ? 2 out of 3 don't care about aiptasias..but hey sometimes it works. When you have a good load of aiptasias, you can't really get rid of them all forever, but you can control the number. The magic of joe's juice is : It sticks around the victim, then it burns in seconds and in a day ( for 6$ a bottle ) you can see the difference.

DarthPadre

Large Fish
Feb 8, 2009
I have a peppermint shrimp that ate all of mine. :D Yes I know I'm lucky as it was the first and only shrimp I purchased and he performed his magic in a few days. I'm thinking about subcontracting him to others with aiptasias. Maybe $20 a week???? ;)

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Wow with that many I would boil the rocks! They won't be live anymore of course but they'll still be usable. After boiling you can put them back in the tank, put some new live rock in and the "dead" boiled rock will be become live again after a while.