Is this normal?

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I have a question regarding my xenia. The base of it looks different than it used to or I didn't notice it before. I know it is getting bigger with quite a few more head things growing out. Take a look...Also I do feed it zooplanton every other day, what do you mean by putting it in the water column? Does that just mean put it right in the water any where?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
looks good. Though I don't think I would be too concerned with feeding zooplankton as it isn't necessary. Mine don't get target fed at all and it is spreading like wildfire in my tank. I was wondering how to remove it? do I just scrape it off the rock or do I cut it off with a razor blade and then attach that piece to a chunk of rubble? I had read somewhere what to grow next to it to contain it? any suggestions?

Joe where is the link to the fragging clip? I would like to watch it.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Oh the GARF site.....I did mushrooms like they did....good info on that site. I have thought about getting some of their garf grunge to seed my sand bed.......expensive though.....

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
No kidding......just dont tell my husband....oh right I think he figured it out hence my aquarium buying moratorium.........though I did manage to break that with the purchase of a coral beauty and a small frag of favia........hehehehe

I think I could fund a college education......buy a small used car.....invest in the stock market......down payment on a new house......ahhh but it looks sooooo darn pretty

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
take a pic and post it.....mine sometimes walks .....sounds funny but that is what I call it. It lays down against a rock and attaches along the stem to the rock and pulls off the old rock......moving around the tank......not fast mind you but still on the move.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
exactly, as that is where I am at right now. Saturday will be prune the xenia day. I will try attaching some to rubble but then I am not sure what I am going to do with it as the lfs here doesn't want it...maybe I will try to trades some ????