is this ok

Oct 8, 2007
pa
hi i have 2 mini catfish who when i asked and saw the adults dont get bigger then a thumb nail i think there cory catfish and 2 sail fin mollies in a 2.5 nano i have a under gravel filter and barely any decorations in there just some inch high aqarium glass is this over stocked? oh and i dont intend to keep any babies that might come up in that tank

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Ditto, your tank is overstocked. Get at least a 10gallon for all those fish and definitely read up on cycling a tank (link in my signature) if you haven't already. All a 2.5 is good for is a single betta.

cchase85

Large Fish
Jun 6, 2006
New England
The problem with the cories will likely be that they want more space to roam around than a 2.5 provides. When the mollies grow up, the tank will definitely be overstocked as they can get pretty big (take a look in your LFS).

That said, back in the day my sister had 2 mollies in a 2.5 gallon tank and they couldn't have been happier. They wouldn't stop breeding, either...

Check out the link in MissFishy's signature for more information on cycling.

Oct 8, 2007
pa
sadly i doubt i have the room for a 10 gallon tank at the moment i might be able to pull off another nano since the one i have is on a bookshelf the other could go on another and i dont trust putting a bigger tank on my cases