IS this S.H.A.R.K-ID PLEASE

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Looks like a juvenile Grunt. Either a Harlequin Sweetlips (Plectorhinchus chaetodonoides) or Oriental (Plectorhinchus picus). They have a VERY poor track record and if they do survive they get rather large and dull coloured. Burgess Atlas lists them to 60cm (~24"). BTW, my guess would be the P. picus but the colour is a little off...

Chris

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Again, buying livestock without a clue as to what it is, it's needs are etc You really need to pay attention to what people here are telling you. You need to research your purchases before you buy them, that way you won't be buying inappropriate animals for your set up. This looks definitely like a sweetlips and is totally unsuitable for your setup which is still no doubt full of ich as you haven't used a treatment that will rid your tank such as leaving it fallow of fish for 6 weeks and treating animals in a qt tank with either copper or hypo. Please take heed of what we are telling you as it is difficult to reply to your posts when you clearly have no intention of following through with a treatment plan to correct your current issues. Apparently it really doesn't matter fish you have bought as it is surely not going to survive the current set up

Jun 7, 2008
india
thanks for your replys guys
but not to worry as i am using a nice medicine for my tank
invert and coral safe(i am trusting on this one)
made my life easy
asfar as ich is concerned its showing progress(becouse iam using two medicines)
it will eradicate ich and safeguard my fishes
as copper is unavailable here in my country(i am using other course of action)
here what my plan is
if this medicine fails and white spots come after 20 days from now
i will put them in QT tank and use copper
recently what was happening when i was fighting with ich
whenever i used to lower the temprature from 85 c (white spots come fast more quickly)
now i think ich is dying and my old sick fishes are getting better
but stilll scathing
i wanted to use the medicine from the day i saw ich in my tank
so here i am doing it
i know medicine is being absorbed by gravel and two rocks i have and crushed live rock in sump each time i put medicine
i have a plan for that also
i will use 3 bags of carbon to absorb the left over and do a regular 25% water change weekely after 10 days of medication from now
as its been 4 days since i started medicating them
many many thanks for the id guys it ""REALLY"" helped
i think i have chosen the wrong fish again just like my last puffer
but she is reef safe but may grow really big
i will provide her with bigger room when she gets old for sure
she is a copy of maroon clown
i will keep her

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
That fish will grow very fast. You should return it to the store. It is not a maroon clown. It is not reef safe either if you have snails:

"A 150 gallon or larger aquarium is required due to its size and eating habits. It grows at a rapid pace to almost 3 feet in length. It needs a larger tank to provide it with ample swimming room and plenty of hiding places. If placed in a reef aquarium, the Spotted Sweetlips will eat smaller crustaceans, smaller fireworms, serpent stars, small snails, and polychaete worms. "

Read this:
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Spotted Sweetlips

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
okay, then. Your fish are not getting better but going through the life cycle of ich. I would suggest you read this link and then guide yourself accordingly

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part I by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

IchArt2Mar

Your fish are mid ich cycle and even though you can't see the spots they are still infected. Don't add any more fish until this has been fixed. You need to find a new home for your sweetlips as soon as possible....

Jun 7, 2008
india
hi lorna
thanks for lovely link
it helped as it did last time
hopefully my heart is demanding for hypo for my display tank and QT for fishes
but i will not wait now as time is catching himself
ppt(please people talk)not powerpoint
just want to add
i can throw money but not life or patroniage
simplicity is a mystery all round the course for ich
it will grow back when lights go off
chow-meaow

Jun 29, 2008
PA
hyposalinity works. if you're worried about time and life of the fish then do something that definitely works instead of this medicine that may not work!

since when do the lights affect ich?