it looks all....bare

rshxt9

Large Fish
Sep 18, 2006
rolla, missouri
My ten gal. looks bare now that it's just the two Blues and the pleco. Is there anything I can put in there or will I just need to be satisfied with that? I'm going tomorrow to get a ADF for my one gal. If I can put any one else with the 10 gal. I could do it tomorrow.

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
um the 2 gourmies will get large, and so will the pleco....so i dotn think that u could add anymore...maybe like 3 neon tetras? or 3 danios? but i tend to OVERSTOCK tanks...so maybe u shouldnt even listen to me hehe

Feb 10, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Personally, I would just leave the stocking as is.

Blue gouramis can grow up to 5-6 inches, assuming we're talking about the 3-spotted and sort. And the pleco, well, they can get pretty big, to say the least. Therefore, I wouldn't add any fish.

But decorating is nice. You should let us know of the kind of set up you (substrate, lighting, filtration). If you have the urge to decorate and can't help yourself, I would just go with some fake plants. But if you want to put the time in and care, then real plants are an even better choice. I'm just worried the pleco might chew on it. But if you have a big plant, the 2 incher shouldn't do too much damage.

Hope that helped.