IT'S A MIRACLE!!!

ninamarie

Superstar Fish
Jan 4, 2006
Kalifornia, Silicon Valley
EDDIE LIVES EDDIE LIVES...*BOUNCINGS

I came into work to reset a password and low and behold eddie was still alive!!!

After all the rubbing alcohol I put in this bowl one would of thunk that he'd kick it but I guess not. I did change him into a reg water treated with bowl buddies yesterday before I left and I guess that kinda helped.

So much for that method of putting one out of mizery!

So Lets hope he pulls through...

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Why did you use rubbing alcohol? Rubbing alcohol is extremely caustic and does not induce the same effect that using real liquor has.

It will kill him but, IN NO WAY SHAPE OF FORM IS IT HUMANE!

Vodka would have gotten him drunk and he would have gone to sleep wile he basically ODed. Rubbing alcohol is going to burn gills and labyrinth organs until the fish succumbs to pain.

I am really glad he is doing better!!*thumbsup2

Please please pleas, next time you need to put a fish down, either do it right or cut his head off.

ninamarie

Superstar Fish
Jan 4, 2006
well see if I had vodka at work I sure as hell would of DRANK that ..the RA is allthat Ihad on hand at the time and thought well this might just do the trick but as I see it sure didn't do anything.

Also I willnot cut off his head there is no way i could ever do that.

phOOey

Superstar Fish
Oct 31, 2003
Nottingham, UK
well that surely is good news ;) glad to hear hes doing ok.

another good way to put a fish out of its misery would have been to drop him in iced water, the temperature shock causes instant death.

Sep 2, 2005
North East Philly
phOOey said:
well that surely is good news ;) glad to hear hes doing ok.

another good way to put a fish out of its misery would have been to drop him in iced water, the temperature shock causes instant death.
I myself would not recommend that way of euthanasia for Bettas (heat loving tropical fish) in case they do not die instantly. Iced water would be good for a dying Goldfish perhaps.

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
ummm bettas do not die of cold water, when i had my first betta the power had gone out in our house durring an ice storm and my poor little betta froze, i mean there were ice crystals in his bowl, and as soon as we put him by the woodstove to "dethaw" he cam back too and was swimming around like nothing ever happened.

ninamarie

Superstar Fish
Jan 4, 2006
I was going to put him out of his mizery i had put Rubbing alcohol in the water and then changed him out to treated water and he was ok for a day then he ending up passing over the weekend.

He was sick for about 2 wks and I tried everything for him and then he got really bad with Head Down( sickness goes to the head) and he was just thrashing around on the bottom of the tank against the gravel so I thought I'd just "help" him go a little faster and well I guess I did in a way :( sad really