It's been worrying me!

vikram

Small Fish
Jul 26, 2005
India.
Hi guys.. i just moved to a new house.. and thanks to all for the info' u gave to safely move my tank...

Earlier i used 3 sheets of 3/4 inch styrofoam under my tank ( 84 Gallon. - Dimensions 5' * 1.5' * 1.5') .. now, i have just used 2 sheets of styrofoam of 3/4 inch thickness.. the stand is made of iron. I'm getting worried if the 2 sheets whould be enough or shud i strip the tank and add another sheet at above the two.
Thanks,
Vikram.

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
Two sheets should be fine. Usually, unless there is an extreme situation (which would leave one to ask why risk it) one sheet is fine and I admit I'm guilty of usually not using anything under my tanks. :eek:

yav1n

Medium Fish
Aug 2, 2006
I have heard to things about styrofoam. 1. it is needed for warrenty purposes. 2. it helps if there is an earthquake. I have foam under my 125gal. I put it there because when I bought it from a guy he was from California and said it was because of the 2 above points. Yet I have never confirmed this with anyone. So i am curious too.

vikram

Small Fish
Jul 26, 2005
India.
emilyelizabeth said:
I have my tank on an iron stand... and I can touch the glass bottom from underneath if I want to. It's just hanging out there for all the world. Nothing has exploded yet!
well.. i'd read on one of the forums that some one used choir instead of styrofoam under his 3'*3'*2 (l * w * h) Marine tank .. and the tank gave away.. a crack developed and he was left in a mess.. later he used styrofoam and never had trouble.