its official, my 125g is for sale! :(

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ive decided to sell my beloved 125g reef! :( no worries tho! in its place ill be setting up a new 90g.... i plan on setting up the new tank a little more thought out. im guna change everything i wish i had done differant with the 125.... the biggest reason im going with a slightly smaller tank is space. i wanted a 120g but got a pretty good deal on this 90 so i jumped on it. it will be setup as a room divider so 3 sides viewable. i got the tank undrilled so i can make the overflow on the side against the wall... well enough talk about the new tank (ill save it for my new build thread :D )

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Congrats on the new tank. I am always ready to learn new stuff, When you say: "I am going to change everything I wish I had done differant" What would some of those things be? Only asking because we might be able to learn something here. Make sure you post pics for us of your new tank as its being set up. When I read your first sentence of your post, I thought your were going to be getting out of the hobby like a few others have done in here lately, glad thats not true.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Like Tre I too have sold my reef..... :( going to downsize due to size limitations to a
39G CAD Lights Pro. I will start a thread when I get ready to set it up. The big job is the tearing down of the 75g this weekend for the guy buying it complete.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Sorry to hear about the downgrades. At least you're both still keeping reefs :)

We recently got rid of a 15g, then a 10g, then added the Neo Nano. Sometimes it's nice to just change things around and refocus.

My next step is to get rid of a freshwater tank or two.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
My thoughts exactly. Smaller isn't necessarily a bad thing after all to me most of the fun is in the planning and setting it up. I will not miss hauling buckets for water changes.....5 gallon water changes as opposed to 15g nice down size. I am anxious to start the process but need to wait until all the living room renos are completed.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
one of the biggest changes ill be making will be making the water changes as automated as possible that way i have no excuses! im going to drill a hole in the side of my house and plumb the tank to my 32g brute container. ill also have the tubing from my r/o running there aswell so itll be nothing more than throwing in a few scoops of salt and flipping a few switches! im going to put my ATO container out ther too to free up some more space! thats just a sneak peak at what i have plan for this build! ... youll have to wait for the official build thread for the rest of the details! :p

Aug 17, 2008
I will not miss hauling buckets for water changes.....5 gallon water changes as opposed to 15g nice down size.
I was just going to post something about water changes. I have been hauling a 5 gal bucket as well, siphoning water into that. Then dumping it, and using the bucket to pour new water back into my tank. Is there any easier way?? I read something about buying a Mag Pump (and some tubing) that can push water 5' high back into the tank. What is a mag pump and have you tried it? I find it horribly tedious to do water changes the way I'm doing them now and was hoping for an easy solution. thanks!