Its up and running

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
My 44g is finally a complete system w/ 58lbs LR. Chem. checks said all systems were go, so I got 2 B/G Chromis and 2 Blue Damsels. So far my water conditions have not killed them.

Powerhead 2, Green Chromis 0. *ALL*

And 1 of the Damsels didn't eat, and stayed hidden. I know he is decomposing somewhere, but how do I find him? I really am not planning on taking apart my rock formations. Any suggestions? Also, how could I effectively block off the bottom of my powerheads without damaging them?

radamsk1

Large Fish
Apr 23, 2005
Long Island, NY
There are foam blocks you can place over the strainers so smaller, delicate fish can't get sucked. In an old nano experience 10 years ago, I had a small internal filter and my damsels kept getting stuck to them. Another idea in order to avoid the foam and the risk of increased nitrates, you can use the type of design the AquaClear QuickFilter are, but remove the internal screen portion. So basically you formed a large screen over it, however this can look unsightly. In my current tank I use a small foam block over it that I cut an X into the middle. Works great for me.