Joe's Juice

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Ive used it many times and it does work great, however i beleive the last time i used it some drifted onto my leather (in the middle of it) and sat there for awhile.. Since then there is a big hole for no reason whatso ever right in the center.. Could it be from the joe's juice yes, could it be from something else maybe? If you use it just make sure you turn your powerheads off just in case!

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Thanks all. I'll isolate the rock that I have before treating. It's on a rock with my GSP, which I think I killed so I could probably just boil the rock. I had a little algae build up on the rock and I read to use a tooth brush to clean it off... I don't think the GSP liked it very much.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I have used it and it works great.....I wouldn't use it near an anemone or mushrooms though.....just in case they ingest some of the solution. A paste of kalkwasser is just as effective also....

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Where do these guys come from in a tank that hasn't had anything new added for a couple months? They hide out? I just noticed I have one of these guys in each of my tanks. Can't spot any others but they weren't there for the last month and half/two months the tanks have been running. One tank is easy it's on a small piece of rock with some red bubble algae I need to get rid of too so that rock is just going to some fresh water. The other one is on a large piece of live rock so that one I'm going to have inject or something. There's hermit crabs in with the big rock but they don't seem to bother with the glass anenome.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
They are very resilient...little tiny bits can survive for a long time and through a lot of harsh treatment; after a while, when conditions are suitable, they grow big enough to be readily visible.