Jus wonderin bout my coices

UP UP AND GUPPY

Superstar Fish
Mar 14, 2006
Sacramento, California
www.myspace.com
Well I havent been on for a while but I want to know if my tank is overstocked or if I will be allright. Here is the stocking of the my current 10g(Length-20", Width-10", Height-12"):

1 Betta(Male)
3 Black Widow Tetras(2 Males and 1 Female)
1 Silver Lyre Tail Molly(Male)

Is this allrigh? I am going to take out all the tall plants in my tank to give them more free swimming room if that counts for anything.

Kuroshio

Large Fish
Jan 29, 2005
washington
Visit site
You named your fish......thats great ;)

I probably missed it elsewhere, sorry...but how long have you had this gang together?? Fish are like people, different tempraments and all, but my bettas would tear a molly to pieces. The water quality in a ten gallon will go bad, in a quick minute with a 'standard' bioload more so then in a larger tank. Ten gallons are more maintenance in the end compared to the larger ones. You have to be diligent on monitoring if you want to keep that many inches of fish in there. (personally i wouldnt do that mix, 20 gallons atleast, but overloading is ok if you watch it closely) its a personal choice.
Good Luck! ~Tina

rohnds

Large Fish
Apr 23, 2005
Austin, TX (born NYC)
First I don't believe your tank is over stocked. If your tank is over stocked, taking the plants is the last thing you want to do. The plants provide cover and hiding placed that fish can established some kind of teritory. More hiding placed, the better.

Rohn