just a bit curious

Apr 10, 2008
Hey guy's i'm new here, and was wondering what kind of fishes I could put into a 10 gal. tank??

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
You don't really NEED to spend the money for a protien skimmer for just a 10gal tank. Its small enough that you can do pretty frequent water changes to where you won't need the skimmer.

I'm not to good on fish stocking, i'll even be needing some help with that soon. I'll let the others chime in on that.

Apr 10, 2008
Thank you lotus, after lookin at the list I was thinking about either 2 firefish or maybe 2 clowns...Just wondering how often and how much water changes will i need to do if i dont get the skimmer??

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
To be honest, an anemone isn't a good idea in a 10g tank, especially for someone new in the hobby. They need very high light and excellent water parameters. They get very large (it will take up most of the tank) and will kill corals in a tank that size. Clowns don't need them.

If you just want a few corals, you'll need to get a full compact fluorescent hood. Those bulbs might work for a few mushrooms and leather corals.

Apr 10, 2008
I decided to scrap my idea for a 10 gal tank and decided to go with a 29gal oceanic bio-cube. I am gettin a used one for a a pretty decent price, so i decided to go with it, I was wondering if i need to add or remove nething from the bio-cube??