Just Another ??

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I just got 4 platies; 1 male and 3 females (I cant remember the type for the life of me. They only get about 1.5") I wanted to put them into my 7 gallon. My question is: Should/Can I put my 2 ADFs in there too?
I do have a seperate tank for the fry, which are going to be fish food.

jeremy

Large Fish
Jul 6, 2005
DePere, WI
From my experience with ADFs, I don't think it would be a problem. But I have heard that if you have 2 ADFs together they might start fighting, but I have never seen it happen.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Mine have always been together (since the LFS). They get along just fine; they sit together at times and at other times they are by themselves. I think they enjoy the company. I added them in there cause I didnt think it was a problem either.

Is there anything that I need to know about raising fry for food?

ya it'll be ok and i have never seen or heard anything about adf's fighting i doubt they can even through a punch with there slow moving hands lol the worst they could do is lay on the other one :). In my opinion putting the 2 adf's in the 7g is even better and if you feed frozen blood worms to your mommy platies you can feed them to the adf's also. Even if you dont feed them blood worms, the adfs would be more likely to find more food at the bottom then in the 29 with all the other fish.