Just for amusement sake, anyone want to....

Papillon

Large Fish
Jun 15, 2003
Montclair, NJ
Visit site
Help me come up with a new name for my new Betta which I will be getting this evening....

I am at a loss for original and interesting names... As you know I already have Lancelot!

Anyone up for a small challenge??? *celebrate

Jun 22, 2003
NS, Canada
Visit site
hmm... I LOVE naming fish, animals, etc... but I usually do best after choosing the fishy/whatever. Maybe something will come to you when you see him! Or you could always look up siamese names or words. :) I think I'm going to do that with my next betta. (and there *will* be more bettas, i love 'em!!)

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Sure.. but I usually prefer to see the betta first before I name them. I usually try to go by there color and attitude.

OK Finchy was named by my 3yr old daugher :)
Rigel was named after the blue supergiant star
Reena was named by my wife
Shelby was named after my gaming callsign
Ruby was named by my daughter after the Ruby & Max kids show

Hmmm... red male betta names?
Galahad
Crimson
Firestorm
Triton
Antares (Red Star)
Proxima (Proxima Centauri is another Red Star)

and my favorite...

Betelgeuse (a gigantic red star)

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
pontus: greek god of the sea (not poseidon, who was god of the ocean...this mythical "sea" surrounded the world (aka greece)"

how about something Civil Warish (my era of expertise)...Shilo? Picket? Sherman?

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
how about max power!!...lol j/k. heh heh, no but seriously my uncle had an english bulldog named sir Bumpson Hollowsworth I (i think he was really drunk when he named him) and we just called him bumpy.

i think "bumpy" would be a cool name for a betta. :D