just wondering

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
in my 10 gal i have 2-3guppies*they move so fast i can't tell anymore*,2 babyguppies,1 leopard danio,1platy,3 assorted fish and Spike my female half moon betta i wanna remove a few fish and i was wondering which of my fish would be better suited for adding from my ten gal in with my betta cole in my 5 gal tank?or would it just be better to get some non fish nipping fish such as some corydoras for cole's 5 gal tank since he's still recovering from his tail eating experience?
and is my ten gal over stocked?
>.> Also my tank's case with ick is finally over,i also had to unplug my filter with cole i think the current was to strong and untill i get a new filter he'll remain in a filterless 5 gal with twice weekly water changes i bought one new heater and got a free old heater as well...

Also would some dift wood be good for my ten gal?

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
Well I just recently had to seperate my 2 bettas, so I'd suggest against putting yours together, I however have had great luck with my betta and my danios sharing a 10G tank with no problems, (even if the Betta wanted to nip the danios, she can't catch them).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2006
Coolville, Ohio
I wouldn't add any fish to your 5 gallon. As for your tank being overstocked, it depends on what the 3 assorted fish are and how big they are. I think some driftwood would be fine in your 10 gallon. Make sure you soak it to get the tannins out or it will discolor your water.

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
well the assorted fish are baby live bearers just duno what type their was a deal on them at the fish store cause they could tell if they were platies,mollies or guppies, i got them for 25 cents each and i've only lost one of them from her jumping outa the tank .

and i was'nt thinking of placeing my bettas together because one is male and the other is female.

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
k,i think i seen some at wal-mart but their no way i'll ever get fish from them again, i'll have to ask my local pet store if she can order me some.
if i upgradedto a 30 gal tank would i be able to house all the fish from my ten gal, and be able to get another 2 female bettas?