just wondering

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
what could i do with a 30 gallon tank?

i wanna know what kinda action filled tank i could have with none of the fish i already have.

so suggestions?

one idea i like is a female Betta sorority w/ Adfs and a small school of something*but it's not really action packed*.

Sep 11, 2005
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
The only action you might get with a few female bettas in the same tank is vicious fighting. Not that its for certain, but enough of a risk that most people would generally suggest not to try it.

Now as far as an action filled 30g, there are so many choices and possibilities that I wouldn't even know where to begin giving you any advice. Do you have any more specific ideas?

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
Another thought is...

Do you want action on the bottom? (Small loaches and cories are fun)

Action in the Mid waters (Some Tetra schools can be fun too)

Or action on the top? (Danios are a hoot to watch, lil' spaz fish, now with cool color variations)

Do you want a "centerpiece" fish (one maybe 2 Angels or a Small-ish Gourami, NOT both)

Not all of the above suggestions are "safe" tankmates, but merely ideas for various areas of your tank.

As someone else said, we need a lil more info from ya, Search through the "Profiles" section, find some fish that strike you as neat, and post them here....That will make it easier to give you suggestions *SUNSMILE*

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
well heres a list of what i do like:
Angel fish
German Blue Ram
Apistogramma
German Gold Ram
tiger barbs
dragon fish *the violet goby i think it's called*
Panda Corys
Giant Danio
Dwarf Gourami
Kissing Gourami
Rachovi Killifish

thats pretty well it.Not all of em are compatible but i know that,Also i'd like action to be on the top,mid and maybe bottom of the tank.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
Angel fish maybe one would do well.
German Blue Ram fun to watch
Apistogramma aggressive when breeding.
German Gold Ram good choice
tiger barbs violent and get a bit big
dragon fish *the violet goby i think it's called* would be ok
Panda Corys nice choice, my personal favorite.
Giant Danio can be a bit mean if not kept in large groups
Dwarf Gourami this or the angels, but would be ok
Kissing Gourami they get about a foot long and make a good tank mate for oscars
Rachovi Killifish maybe

you should seperate them into thier own areas. like said before.
what color will the gravel be? will you be doing real or fake plants?
take colors into consideration also, if you like. think about how things mesh together.

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
Well i was thinking of natural looking tank, gravel such as rocks brown,black,grey and more brown also real and fake plants i was thinking of an Amazon Sword Plant ,Anacharis,Java Fern,java moss and dwarf hair grass.After i research them properly it'll probly be a few diffrent types and a change to this list.Oh and drift wood,a coconut hut and for fake plants : Aquascapers Hairgrass, Aquascapers Ambulia and Aquascaper Willow Moss.