Knight gobies

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
I asked about these actually surviving in freshwater a while back..as they are more brackish if I recall. They are so cool looking.

They always have a couple on hand at my fav LFS..wonder if they are the same ones they had for monthes..if they are..I will get some.

Please let me know how yours do and what you feed them.
Thanks.

Oct 22, 2002
i just have 3 in a 3 gallon tank. its totally fresh water i pretty much feed them anything.  Like stuff i ate for dinner, well meaty foods. they usually go around looking for food in the tank.  Thing is they kinda are teritorial..(how do you spell it).  One of them had fungus growing on its eyeball cause i think one of them bit the other one.

in the tank i have this piece of lace rock that i put in there.  I read they're suppose to lay their eggs on top?

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
territorial t-e-r-r-i-t-o-r-i-a-l territorial. ;D

Isn't a 3 gallon a little small? I don't exactly know what these fish are but I'm sure they're going to out grow that tank. Do you have another? ;D

[quote author=ryanp14 link=board=bottomfeeder&num=1001621148&start=0#5 date=10/01/01 at 17:07:10]
territorial t-e-r-r-i-t-o-r-i-a-l territorial. ;D

Isn't a 3 gallon a little small? I don't exactly know what these fish are but I'm sure they're going to out grow that tank. Do you have another? ;D
[/quote]

I don't know anything about these fish but gobies in general are pretty small. In fact the smallest fish in the world is a species of goby.

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Well I would say even if they only get like 1/2" or 1" long wouldn't they at least need a 5-10 gallon? I mean I might be wrong I don't know what they are so who am I? ::) :D ;D 8)

I don't see why you couldn't put 3 teeny tiny fish in a 3 gallon. But personally I wouldn't get any thing smaller than a 5 or 5 1/2 gallon. Some of those little tanks are really expensive. My sister got a 2 gal for her betta that cost $20. And a lot of them are acrylic (hers is) which I don't really like. I have a glass 5 1/2 gal that cost $10. But I can get a 10 gal for the same price or less. 5 1/2 is handy if you only have a spot for a tiny tank. I had a tiny spot in the kitchen and had already found a stand for a tank that size at a garage sale. It only has two guppies and an oto in it. It works really well.

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
[quote author=ryanp14 link=board=bottomfeeder&num=1001621148&start=0#8 date=10/01/01 at 18:32:51]
Yes it's right! Haha. I posted and then I thought twice and looked it up in the dictionary. That's one handy book....... :) :D
[/quote]

Ryan you crack me up lol ;D :D

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Yes I tend to crack people up. ;D

Yeah I know what your saying Cillana. Little tanks can be pretty expensive. I got my ten for 23 dollars all together and my 5.5 gallon was the same price. There are 2 gallons around here and they are like $15. The only acrilic tank I would get would be one bigger than 300 gallons because of the weight of the tank itself would go through my floor! Hehe. I saw some gobies yesterday and I think I was wrong. :D They are really tiny huh? The ones I saw were bumble bee gobies and they are cute! They were in pure freshwater too. I would still have them in a bigger tnak myself.... ;D :D ;) :) 8) :-*

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
Here is info from a fishbook I have.

-Temp-68-79 f
-Length-3 ½   inches
-Territorial yet peaceful when combined with fish that perfer middle of tank.
-eats live foods,algae

- The fish will be healthier if 1 to 2 tablespoons of salt is added per 2 ½ gallons

The ones I see are 2 inches in the store and bickering amongst each other, but not the other fish.