Koralia questions

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
do these pumps move left to right or do they just stay in 1 spot? ive read alot of people on here use em, they look pretty small compaired to the seios.. can anyone verify this? i really like the way they look.. thinking about trading my seios for some #4's.. for those of you who have em how do you like their preformance? how many would i need for my 150?

Last edited:

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
The pumps themselves don't move, other than the propeller. However, the water movement isn't static, it creates currents and different flows in the tank. I can't say anything in comparison to Seios. I think two Koralia 4s would be fine for your tank.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
when you say different flows so like for 10 min. it will be shooting water to the right then it will switch to the left type of thing? ive seen covers for powerheads that actually spin.. anyone use anything like this or know where to get them at?

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
No...it doesn't change flow direction at all. It's hard to explain....but in the front the 'cage' part around the propeller is kind of a bowtie shape....4 different openings and this shape makes the flow come out in 4 different directions. So that there is water pushing down, up, left and right...as well as straight ahead.

I love love love my koralia....very pleased with it so far and would definitely recommend it. I've never used a Seio however so I can't compare them. I have 1 #4 in my 46 bowfront and it's awesome.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I'm not sure how it works, but I've noticed in my tank that the corals sway in different directions every few seconds. Perhaps it's something to do with having the Koralias pointing towards eachother. From what I've read, these "random" currents are what you want in a tank.

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Exactly...when I say it doesn't change flow direction...I mean the pump doesn't physically move to cause this to happen. However...mine does the same thing Lotus and I only have one of them. I think it has to do with the design of that bowtie shape and the fact that the currents are hitting each other in the water.

P.S. Sorry Jim...but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't ever trade mine.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
it says "sale pending" but its worth keeping an eye on...but id be careful buying on reefcentral i think i might have gotten burned :/ i paid $100 + shipping for a second 250w mh retrofit last friday and it appears someone else paid too and now the guy isnt to be heard of... on the other hand i got a differant 250w retrofit a few weeks back with no problem at all..

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
hey bro not sure if yur still looking to pick a few of these up but if you are go here and in the search box type in "abr-29131" this will give you a discounted price...Then when you check out, it all ask to enter any coupon codes, here put in "dodge" and it will give you 15% off your entire order ;)