Korallia and Wavemakers

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Okay after much reading I decided to try the korallia 4's on a seio wavemeker. Picked up the controller for a great deal off ebay and set it up over a week ago. Well here are my thoughts:

The seio controller works by reducing the pump speed to 30% and then slowly ramps back up to 100%. You can set the time from seconds to as long as 30 minutes. I have mine set at 5 minute intervals. There is a feeding overide that stops the pumps for 8 or 16 minutes then reverts back to the auto setting.

All in all this works great, it is virtually silent and the fish seem to enjoy the change of flow much better .

My only regret is you can't alternate the flow between pumps like you can with other controllers but then again for the price it works great and can't be beat.

I am running two maxis on an alternating wavemaker on the 29 and I don't think I like it as much as the tank only gets benefit of 1 powerhead at a time whereas the seio runs both together at variable speed.......

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
glad to hear its working for you ... thats pretty much the same thing ive heard from others using the same setup.... maybe ill give it a try

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
exactly....the pump doesn't ever shut off except for during the feeding mode. The startup is so smooth as it starts slowly ramping up so there is never any sudden stops or starts. It works great! It is completely silent and the only way you can tell whether it is in slow mode or fast is by the ripple on the surface and the movement of the corals.