korilia 3 or 4

May 30, 2008
Midland, MI
Cool, that is exactly what I was thinking, but have heard that more flow is better, just didn't want to have a whirlpool in my tank either.

I was also thinking of putting the line in from the sump on the side of the tank to add extra lateral flow. Would this also help me in getting good all around flow or is it better to drill both holes on the back of the tank?

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
I would drill the holes in the back of the tank. More attractive imo. Either the 3 or 4...what type of corals are you planning on...imo there really isnt too much of a difference between the two but id go with the higher gph

Whiskers

Large Fish
Feb 29, 2008
central Michigan USA
I've been following midmich in his adventures cause i'm thinking of going salt one day trying to learn all i can.

so i have a question regarding the flow of water in a tank cause i will need to put holes in my tank too. do the powerheads face each other so the current hits each other head on or should there be a direction of water flow ?

not trying to hijack your thread midmich.

BalaShark

Large Fish
Dec 5, 2005
I prefer Maxijets. They last forever. My koralia powerheads seem to wear out and become noisy after a years use. They are nice when it comes to mounting, but that's all.