leather got stung

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i have a leather that ive had for a few months now with no problems about 3 days ago i come home from work to find the sweeper tentacle from my candy cane wrapped around my leather....so i quickly grabbed the candycane and moved it far away from everything... it was about 6 inches awayfrom the leather wich i thought would be fine ....its been 3 days and the lether is still drooped over to the side and hasnt opened up at all...is there anything i could do?? will it be ok???

heres what it looked like before

heres what it looks like now

heres the candycane

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
he looks fine =/ more or less. My LFS deals with this kind of thing all the time. even the anemone eating the fishes. But since they check up on their live stock everyday i dont know. how long do you think its been stung?

random question y does the first pic look better?? lol

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
its a before-after pic....I think it will pull through, they are really tough to kill, it might be shedding the damaged layer...I would give it a week or two...increase the indirect flow around it.

TheFool

Large Fish
Apr 19, 2006
A sting like that shouldn't be the end of the world. I note it has some cheesy looking bits round the edge, and other areas so make sure it's getting enough flow to keep it clean, that should help it here and generally

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yea i was at the lfs i bought it from yesterday and the owner told me to increase the flow to get rid of the damaged tissue ... so that is what i did cant tell if it helped yet since the lights dont come on till afternoon

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
just an update the leather finally pulled through a few weeks back and now is fully open again :D id take a pic but i cant find the usb cord :/ im just glad it snapped back .... i thought it was a gonner for sure after a full month went by