Leather (Toadstool) Issues

supra1997

Large Fish
Feb 16, 2008
Oceanside, CA
www.rdubphoto.com
I have a 2.5"-3" leather in my Nano and he seems to be doing well. Always coming out to feed and has looked great for the past few weeks. Here lately, he keeps sagging downward towards the reef bottom. Almost like he hates the light or something? Anyways, he sags so much that he ends up coming out of his little hole and ending up on the bottom of the tank. I keep moving him around to see if he prefers other areas and he still does the same thing....

I have done water changes, and cleaned the tank once a week, every week since I got him. He still looks great and comes out to feed all the time.

Any ideas on why he is doing this?

Thanks

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
can you post some pics? what are the parameters and what other corals do you have, sometimes it is a war going on. My toadstool opens up and then droops when he closes up at night.....he is big though about 8-10 inches across and shrinks down to about 5 and folds inwards.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
He sounds to be okay. I would try attaching him to a piece of live rock rubble by stitching him to it until he attaches. Once he is attached he should be weighted down enough not to tip out of his spot. If he continues to tip out try getting some putty and putty his piece of rock into the live rock to stabilize him. It can't be good for him to be constantly falling out of his hole.