LFS in Louisiana?

RedRain5

Small Fish
Mar 20, 2006
Any one know of any g LFS in Louisiana I only know a few besides the….*shudders* chain stores.

1. Marks Marina: lowest price on lr but high on fish & inverts. Good stock but they guy who runs it tends to rub people the wrong way. He has an annoying policy about breeders and won’t take fish from people he doesn’t like, even if he knows they have excellent stock. Won’t take a healthy specimen that someone can no longer keep unless he likes you ether. (Has been rude while people are just looking around the store:mad: )

2.Grecos: good prices most of the time & decent stock for the most part. Sells tropicals, cichlids and saltwater no lr. Has a policy of not trading in fish or paying local breeders much if anything for the raised fish/ fry then selling the squired fish high.(getting annoyed with this guy won’t give me ANYTHING for my cichlids, even the adult ones, then he sells them at like 6-15+$ depending on the size/ species:mad: )

3 Tonys: good stock mostly tropicals and cichlids average prices no lr hardly anything for saltwater.(extremely far away)

was one good one I liked but It’s closed for a long time ago. It sold everything and traded fish and paid fair prices for raised fish/fry. Because it trades and bought fish from local breeders it had some stock that other stores just don’t carry. I really wish it had stayed open.

I want to finde another store that will at least give me something in return for my cichlids/ fry or let me trade in a fish that I can no longer keep on something else. I also would like to finde another place that sells saltwater stuff.:confused:

not too many fish stores in louisiana I guess

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
nice reviews...
you can try to find a local reef club.

let me try XD

too bad im all the way in the Bay Area...your should try to look up some saltwater warehouses...my uncle told me about this one pet warehouse...i really really really want to go there but its in SF and im in San Jose...maybe some other time for me... if i go there i'll probably drop hundreds right off the bat...

theres this one LFS thats about 10 mins to get there by foot but its extremely expensive i jut bought LR there since i have a thing for coral line encrusted rocks...

its really expensive and people just come in to look around (really small place...) Aquatic Gallery is the name. i feel kinda bad about not buying any coral but pieces are almost crazy (i think some clown fish was like $25 or in the 30s) but its probably because of their location and everything is great. might try some of their bargain assorted coral...

they have a lot and i mean a lot of Crocea Clams i think small was like $25 or was it $35...once i get my light up and going i'll visit that place again.

theres this other kind of ghetto place but prices are good and they are really really nice people. Aquatic Bliss is the name they dont really have a set price just ask them to lower the price if u think its too high. i bought most of my live stock at that place. $20 for a fire shimp? pretty good if u ask me.
i think its like $7 for some clowns. the only down side to me is that they only open on the weekends and thats when i have work...

they have lots of sales.

and theres this other really really ghetto LFS and i mean Ghetto for sure...
Dragon Aquarium...i might go back for his rose anemone it was like $60 for this huge thing...but didnt have the light or the tank to hold it so i passed on that... it didnt look too healthy...but that can be fixed after a while.