lighting for a 30g

Sep 8, 2010
hey whats up guys new here and hope to get some good info... i just did a small 1.5g nano fresh water setup up and its going great and now going to start a planted 30g setup was i liked the diy stuff cheaper and more fun in my opinion so i was thinking of doing a diy lighting setup any opinions or options... buy the way money isn't that big of deal i can also just but a t5 setup as well

buy the here are some pics of my diy freshwater tank...

Attachments

Jun 18, 2010
Lima OH. USA
What kind of catfish?? And I have a pretty good setup on my 38 gallon, I went to wal mart and bought a "grow light" setup, it was right around ten bucks, the light is the right spectrum for growing plants, it just plugs in and technically was made as an under cabinet light but it works great!!

aakaakaak

Superstar Fish
Sep 9, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
What kind of catfish?? And I have a pretty good setup on my 38 gallon, I went to wal mart and bought a "grow light" setup, it was right around ten bucks, the light is the right spectrum for growing plants, it just plugs in and technically was made as an under cabinet light but it works great!!
I may be using the exact, or nearly the exact same light you are. I picked up a flat 23" for my 29 gallon. The price is right. The light is right. The low profile is right (particularly for a modder like the OP.)

BTW, sweet mini-TV mod.