Lighting for tank

Feb 25, 2006
Texas
Hello,

Here we go again I need some information on lighting that I am planning on purchasing. It two Coralife Lunar Aqualight double strip 24 inch 130 watt (2-65) watts lamp. Each will have a 65 true watt 03 blue, 0ne 10,000K daylight straight-pin compact lamp and a 3/4 watt lunar blue moon glow LED lamp for a total of three lamps per set. What would be the best way to use the lights for my aquarium. My aquarium is a 75 gallon set up with live rock (about 50 lbs) when would I us the lights one for days one for night or etc.

Thanks fish dudes!

Roger Clark

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I would hold off on buying that unless you have done more research, especially if you're not sure what you're going to keep. Basically I would have them all on, or all off, except I guess I'd use the LEDS for a few hours either side as moonlighting.
But I'd likely get a single MH rather than 4 , short lifespan PC bulbs as changing 4 bulbs every 6 months will be a faff

Feb 25, 2006
Texas
Nice setup

SALTY WATERS said:
I have a similar lighting system and if you look at the link below to my space and scroll down the page to my tank specs you will see how I have my lighting cycle set-up!

Hope this helps answer your question!
Hello SALTY WATERS

Thanks for the information you have answered my question and you really have a nice set up.

thanks

Roger

Feb 25, 2006
Texas
Lighting

wayne said:
I would hold off on buying that unless you have done more research, especially if you're not sure what you're going to keep. Basically I would have them all on, or all off, except I guess I'd use the LEDS for a few hours either side as moonlighting.
But I'd likely get a single MH rather than 4 , short lifespan PC bulbs as changing 4 bulbs every 6 months will be a faff

Thanks Wayne for the information

Roger