Lined fairy wrasse or Longlure Frogfish

DSK

Large Fish
Oct 12, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
In the spare tank i was thinking of getting a fairy wrasse (Cirrhilabrus lineatus) but in all of the books i have it doesnt go into detail about a fairy wrasse if anyone know about them please let me know.

Also i really really want to get a Longlure Frogfish
(Antennarius multiocellatus) They are fairly expensive though. So if anyone owns or had or heard anything good or bad please let me know.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Well, first pick one or the other. Fairy wrasses need non aggresive tank mates and hiding places. Mysis shrimp might be needed to get them eating. Maximum length around 4-5inches. The Forgfish will grow about 5-6 inches and will probably need live food at first. Note, it will eat everything in the tank once established so tankmates are out of the question.

DSK

Large Fish
Oct 12, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Well i asked if anyone knew anything about them so that i could decide depending on what you or anyone said - also the Frogfish only get about 4" because it is a (Antennarius multiocellatus) so,
I do know somethings about them and it is a spare tank so i could be the only fish in that tank and i wouldnt mind but ......

have you ever had one or know anyone who has. i would like to know if they are hard to keep, get ick or any other disease that is treatable or untreatable, what they like and dont like, what there nature habitate is, how your or anyone experience was with them, and you know the basic's. but thanks for letting me know that.

Last edited:

DSK

Large Fish
Oct 12, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
REALLY I did not know that, but i guess if im going to pay 140.00 for a fish it better not get ich. But then again it is a fish. by the way where in Michigan do you live and Which LFS do you go to.

(I think im going to go with the frog fish) - When the money is right.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
I live in Royal Oak. I work at Atlantis Fish Shope in Clawson, and I also go to Aquatic Discovery. Kinda disapointed with Aquatic...not very customer friendly.

DSK

Large Fish
Oct 12, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
REALLY, Some was just telling me good things about Aquatic Discovery the other day, I know a couple of Firefighters in royal oak.. We dont live that far away at all. That kinda cool to know i guess!

Anything else on the wartskin Frogfish.