Little fish, big Sea

UpNsMoke

Small Fish
Mar 19, 2004
NY
Visit site
Hi everybody,

sMoke here from NY. Just wanted to say HI and tell you all that I am hoping to absorb tons of information from here... kind of like a sponge.

Thanks for all your words of wisdom and great ideas.

sMoke

------------------

Sharkbait.... hoo haa haa...

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
by Syracuse, in Central New York. about an hour from Lake Ontario, the east end of the lake is to the north of me. basically right in the middle of the state.

wow there's alot of NYers on the site. cool.

this is a great site. im sure you will learn alot!!!

wintermute

Medium Fish
Feb 18, 2004
Visit site
I live in Long Beach (but used to live in Suffolk Co.)

PETS used to be good, once they expanded they went down the tubes.

Aquarium Adventure is a new place in Carle Place on Glen Cove Road - it's absolutely amazing in there. They could charge admission. LOTS of variety, fish seem to be in really good condition, but alot of the staff isn't very knowledable. Their plant tanks are set up really nice.

Pet Barn is located in Franklin Square on Franklin Avenue. It's an old school mom & pop store that's pretty big. Really knowledgable staff (especially the guy w/ the goatee and glasses). great place to pick up equipment. they have all sorts of old school equipment tucked away that they'll sell you on the cheap. good selection of fish and plants, too.

if you're ever out in Suffolk:

Magic Isle in Centereach - good selection of stuff. some of the employees are really knowledgable.

my all time favorite: Country Critters in Patchgue. They're huge, have an amazing selection and are really knowledgable.

there ya go.

UpNsMoke

Small Fish
Mar 19, 2004
NY
Visit site
Awesome wintermute... thanks bro. I know Pet Barn.. my mom lives in Franklin Square. As far as equipment... ThatPetPlace.com

I bought my Magnum for about $50. I see it at the stores and it's about $98....

Now, I know Mom and Pop need to make money but... ALL of it from ME?

I think not.

UpNsMoke

Small Fish
Mar 19, 2004
NY
Visit site
*Wintermute*

We hit Aquarium Adventure yesterday.
WOW. That place is gorgeous!!!

The staff was knowledgable, although, my girlfriend wanted the "pretty blue fish" (Blue Tang) and I told her we can't get it cause it won't go in my tank. The guy was like, that's a very docile and hearty fish. You should have no problem with him. I told him, no... it won't go in my tank. It has nothing to do w/ being hearty... I have a FRESH water tank! Heh heh.
I picked up 1/2 dozen Gold Barbs and a really cool powder blue gourami. They didn't have any angels... that's what I need to pick up next.

Thanks for the tips wintermute.

PEACE