Live plants?

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
Im not sure about the shrimp but you can deffintetly (sp?) have algae eaters without live plants. If your tank doesnt have a sufficient amount of algae then you can buy algae waffers to suppliment for it. Im not sure about the ghost shrimp but I think you can safley have ghost shrimp without live plants/

Mar 8, 2005
Savannah
hey occfan didn't you read the post about spelling definetily? Dude go get a dictionary and check out the spelling of defineatley. And then I want you to write definateily 100 times until you can remember it ok?
And if you're not sure about live plants just grab a cheap plant like money wort or something and test it out. I don't believe they need it but it defanitelay doesn't hurt to have live plants. ;)

Gunnie

Large Fish
Aug 29, 2003
Florida
www.egunsellers.com
Here is a great article to give you a little bit of an idea about live plants in a tank. Then go to the plantguide link and look at all the live plants that are available for a low light tank which you probably have. I don't think ghost shrimp have to have live plants as long as they have hiding places, but the live plants sure make the tank look nice and help keep your water cleaner. ;)

Setting up your first planted tank

Low light plantguide