live rock store

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Depending on how much is needed, it's usually cheaper to get it online and just pay the shipping... you can save a lot, usually get it half price or better.

Jul 29, 2005
Sunny Cali & Rainy England
As far as I'm aware, this vendor (http://www.intmarinefish.com/liverock.html) will ship any quantity of live rock requested.

Caribbean (Haiti) live rock $3.25 per lb incl s&h

The packages they list start at 25lbs, but if you email them they should be happy to sell any quantity. I was going to use them because they were happy to send a 5lbs sample before I commited to a larger amount. The only penalty was that I didn't then qualify for the free $5 postal coldbox.

Seiryoku

Large Fish
Apr 5, 2006
Woodland, CA
You can find all of the equipment online, and it will more than likely be far cheaper than your LFS's. www.drsfostersmith.com

The LR, coral and fish is the tricky part. One of my LFS wants 6.99 a pound for cured Fiji. I can get it online cheaper (even after shipping), but can't pick it out. It is just what they throw in the box.

I want to set up a 29g SW, but the price of the LR (and the lighting a little) might prevent that. I may have to start off with a 10g, and put the screw in fluorescents in a incandescent hood >.<

Mar 6, 2006
yeah sw seems expensive but the challenge of it is apealling, i am considering a 2 gal pico with just a crab, snail, shrimp to start then maybe some corals once i get the hang of things. From what i hear Power Compact flourescents can be great for small systems but i have no first hand experince.

Apr 5, 2006
Edgewater, Maryland
Hey, I'm a newb, but they sell live rock at the AQUARIUM CENER in Randallstown. Was just there today looking for a first tank. I believe they sell by the pound. They have a gigantic store - I was quite impressed!

www.aquariumcenter.com for their website and phone number and address. Should not be far from you. I traveled all the way from Annapolis today, didn't take that long. Nice day to drive and shop for tanks.

Hope this helps!