Live Rock

JWright

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Snowy Upstate New York
www.cnytheater.com
Fiji Premium Quality Un-Cured Nano Live Rock

Anyone have any experience with this site? I'm considering ordering 2 of these for my 20g nano. I'm aware of the pros/cons of uncured rock, anything else I should worry about?

As it's billed, it sounds like good stuff. Anyone know enough about the vendor to know if I can take them at their word?

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
I have yet to order rock online but MArine Depot is a very reputable site and vendor. If you feel ok with the rock and the added cost of shipping (does your lfs not have good rock?) I wouldnt have any reservations about there rock quality.

Marine Depot is a very reputable site and you should have no problems dealing with them

JWright

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Snowy Upstate New York
www.cnytheater.com
Well, my LFS has good rock, but they ain't cheap (I can't say too much bad about 'em, Mushroomman works there,,, ;) ).

The price listed on the site include 2nd Day Air shipping. Bumping it up to overnight is only $12 extra per box.

So, I can get 22# for shipped 2nd day for $105, or roughly $4.75/pound.
Shipping it overnight would bring the cost to $129, or $5.86/pound.

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
As long as you know total cost and it is cheaper than purchasing piece by piece (undoubtably it should be), might as well go for it, hope you get some cool pieces.

Yeah its expensive, personally the only thing Id buy from us is livestock, the rest is kinda a rip off ;)