Live Rock

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
by buying online wouldnt most of the good stuff die off?? i mean its gotta take at least a few days or so u know what i mean?? but let me know how it works out that seems pretty cheap

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I have a gift card to thatpetplace so that why i was going to get it there. I'll check out ebay though, thanks.

$80 for 20lbs of rock is not very cheap, that also doesn't include shipping.

I did check out ebay and I did find a nice deal. It's fiji from Walt Smith so I am probably going to get some from there. The one place is an east coast shipper so that just freaking awesome. I still need to get some branch rock.

Last edited:

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Jim, when you got yours on ebay what type of shipping to you get? I went ahead and got 30lbs of fiji from walt smith on ebay. The shipper is on the east coast so I was hoping by getting the standard UPS ground it wouldn't take so long. The 2nd day cost was more than I wanted to spend.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
actually i never ended up ordering from them b/c i found a better deal locally.. only paid like 1.25/lb and the rocks were totally covered in coraline! only had to drive about a little over a hour each way!.. that's the same place i was gonna get it from is where u ordered.. its comming out of ohio i do believe so it shouldn't take to long since ur up by Cleveland? let me know how it looks when you get it b/c i may wanna get some more..

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
i don't see it anymore on ebay.. ive only seen it a couple of times in ohio.. did you end up ordering any? if so can u post some pics when it comes? you could always try to find some cheap base rock that's dried out.. it will be covered in about 6months or so..

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Yeah, I ordered 30 lbs. It came from florida and I got the regular fedex groud shipping for a lot less than the other options. The tracking number said it will be here tomorrow which is only 3 days. I will post some pics when it comes in and I sure hope this stuff comes with pods. I have to get a spare heater first so I can cure it. I set my 10 gallon backup so I don't have any spares. It was 2.25 a pound and like 30 to ship it. I will definitely have to watch for the LR in ohio that would be great. I can't remember if you have upgraded your lights or not, but have you switched to PC?

Last edited:

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Yea i upgraded to PC's about a month after i got my tank.. I also got those from ebay i paid 135shipped brand new and they let you pick what kinda bulbs you wanted with it.. theres 4 moon lights in it also.. im pretty happy with it so far.. has built in fans 3 power cords.. you should get em they are nice! let me know when you get that rock..

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I know 1 to 2 days is best, but is 3 days really that bad? I'm looking to add about 10 to 20 more pounds yet of maybe solomon or marshall island. I want to get that stuff uncured to get the most life out of it. Anyone else ger LR that was shipped over 2 days?

Last edited:

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
the quicker it gets to you the better, your paying for all the good stuff on it, why let it stay in transit longer and die, just pay the extra shipping, it is worth it.

Also jebo lights have bad track records, fires, electrical shorts, etc...you get what you pay for especially in lighting, just read reviews of them on WWM or reefcentral.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
some things will always survive, but you are paying all that money for the stuff that is on there, why not spend the extra money and keep most of it from dying, especially now that it is cold out