Live Rock...

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I know of a few places to get LR, but I was wondering if anyone had a good seller on eBay they wouldn't mind sharing. Liveaquaria.com has some decent prices and I got some from there before, but I also got some off eBay. I'm looking for a good amount of life and uncured rock if I can find it.

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Now that you say that, I met the president of the central PA reef club last week at PSU! There is a 500 gallon tank on campus that is quite nice to watch.

I'll have to check out their forum, thanks.

Do think it would matter if I cure the rock with tap or RODI water?

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
A lot of people say that the rock will absorb phosphates/metals, etc. if you use tap, and then release it later. I have no idea if that's really true. We used tap for the first few months of our tank, and haven't had huge algae issues (other than bubble algae).

Sorry, I have no idea on the eBay sellers. I think a local club/forum would be a good bet. We had our LFS get us a couple of boxes in with their weekly order, so we got it at about $3 a pound (uncured). The boxes of Fiji are usually 50lbs each (gross weight), so about 40lbs of actual rock. You'll usually get better deals with whole boxes.