loach help

jamesw

Large Fish
Sep 15, 2006
Surrey, England
got 3 loachs but i have a problem i think two of them may have got themselves stuck in a ornamental tree root i have bought. im not sure on what to do because they dont seem to be coming out. and if then dont come out they cant feed what shall i do??

SANND

Large Fish
Jul 20, 2005
Washington, DC
They do love hidey holes especially ones they have to squeeze into, kinda like my cats.... Anyway, try bribeing them with frozen blood worms at dinner time. If they're new to the tank or if you've made a change to the tank recently, they probably just need time to adjust. :)

They grow very slowly so you have some time to decide if you're going to get a bigger tank or give them away. If you do decide to upgrade the tank, get the biggest one you can so you don't have to 'upgrade' again in a few years.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
SANND said:
They do love hidey holes especially ones they have to squeeze into, kinda like my cats.... Anyway, try bribeing them with frozen blood worms at dinner time. If they're new to the tank or if you've made a change to the tank recently, they probably just need time to adjust. :)

They grow very slowly so you have some time to decide if you're going to get a bigger tank or give them away. If you do decide to upgrade the tank, get the biggest one you can so you don't have to 'upgrade' again in a few years.

I Agree. Well said. :p