Loaches

Agnes

New Fish
Jul 6, 2010
I was wondering if any one could tell me if this is true about clown loaches.

My tank is full of snails and I am told that clown loaches would solve the problem of the snails but I have also heard that clown loaches will eat the eyes out of my cory dories. Would anyone happen to know if this is true.

Thanks

Agnes

New Fish
Jul 6, 2010
Thank you very much for the quick reply. I was very scared to buy a clown loach because of what I heard about them. My cory dories are my favorite fish and I do not want to see any harm come to them.

Many thanks.

I was wondering if any one could tell me if this is true about clown loaches.

My tank is full of snails and I am told that clown loaches would solve the problem of the snails but I have also heard that clown loaches will eat the eyes out of my cory dories. Would anyone happen to know if this is true.

Thanks
It's possible that they may pick on other fish due to their eventual large size and need for a large tank..

Nov 19, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
clown loaches need a very large tank because they get up to 12" plus. go with yoyo's or some other form of botia loach. all botia loaches will snails. nice thing about yoyo's and there are a couple others that they get around 4-6" max, so nice for smaller tanks. when getting loaches they like to be in groups of 3 or more so make sure you keep them there because they will be happy then.

if you dont wanna go with loaches you can go with pufferfish depending on what you have in your tank. if you go that route make sure you get freshwater ones and not brackish. there are a lot of brackish ones out there.